Friday, April 11, 2014

Grain Free Tabbouleh

This is a recipe for when its too hot to cook.  This is a nice cold salad that's packed with protein.
You can make this how the Recipe says, or add cooked and chilled Quinoa, or Barley.
My Brother and I don't like the texture of tomatoes so my solution was to put it in the food processor and make the sauce with it. You can  leave the tomato in diced chunks, or use cherry tomatoes.

Tabbouleh
1 Head of Cauliflower
2 Cans of Garbanzo Beans
1 Bunch of Parsley
1 Bunch of Cilantro
4 Green Onions

Sauce
1 Large Tomato
Half a Red Onion
3 Tbl Lemon Juice
4 to 6 Tbl Olive Oil
2 Garlic Cloves
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Put Cauliflower in a Food Processor, Pulse a few times till it chops it up a bit


I used an Entire Bunch of Parsley and Cilantro, My Family likes Cilantro very much and I wasn't planning on using it for anything else, so I just put it all in.



 Add in the Green onions and Pulse a few times til it gets mixed in


Dump out the mixture into a big bowl. Add the 2 Cans of Garbanzo beans after you have drained them.

I didn't clean out my Processor, just got out as much as I could

Add the Tomato, Red Onion, Garlic, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper to the Food Processor. ( its OK if its not completely clean its all the same stuff)


Blend all of it up!


Add the Sauce to everything




This is best served cold, so refrigerate it after you make it.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment